Connecting multiple storm gravity pipes to one catch basin

04-06-2022 11:43 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am working with storm drainage and have come across an issue. When I connect multiple gravity pipes to a catch basin such as a drop inlet, the end of the pipe that snaps to the catch basin inherits the z-value of the catch basin. If I edit this, it updates the z-value of the catch basin and every other pipe snapped to this vertex. What I would like to be able to do is have a rim elevation for the catch basin and independent invert z-values for each pipe connecting to it. This is how it works when snapping to a manhole. Does anyone know if/how there is a way to get it to work this way for catch basins?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Justin, I don’t have the model in front of me, but check to make sure an attribute rule is not set to auto calculate this for you on create (or update).  If you see the rule try disabling it.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is an attribute rule regarding elevation, but it concerns tying a Pipe Connection's elevation to that of the Catch Basin. In my case, I am snapping the Gravity Pipes to the Catch Basins. This means they are connected via geometric coincident based connectivity, so while it seems I am changing the z-value for one feature, I am actually changing the shared vertex, which is why it updates the geometry for everything else that is connected. Is there a way to change the connectivity in a way that they can share the x- and y- values but not the z-values?

0 Kudos