Blank Error while Validating

Jump to solution
04-21-2021 04:25 PM
DaniellaSollitt
New Contributor III

Hi team,

I am getting this error when I am validating, any solutions or explanations out there?

I have checked the log on the server but it says null.

DaniellaSollitt_0-1619047566587.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
larryy
by
New Contributor II

Hi All,

When you run into an issue like this, please work with support to get it logged so we can address it appropriately.  In this case what you are describing is similar to an issue that did come through support and we are working on.  Disabling and re-enabling your topology is the suggested to fix the issue, assuming it is what it appears to be.  We are currently working on a fix so the issue does not reappear.

Thanks, larry

View solution in original post

7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Daniella,

If you ever get an answer please let me know 😁

I've seen this error many times before and it usually just means you have to try again or restart the service or use the validate network topo GP tool.  I've also just seen it mysteriously go away the next day and start working.  It can be extremely frustrating for sure. 

What version of Pro are you using as well as Enterprise?  I know at 10.8.1 (install the patches 1-3) it has gotten much better.  I would suggest the following:

-Close out of Pro and add the UN to a blank map and try again.  If  a small area use the ribbon validate.  If a larger area use the GP tool.

-Start Stop the Feature Service as well as the System| UN service.  

-Take a long walk...

0 Kudos
DaniellaSollitt
New Contributor III

Hey,

Currently using Pro 2.6 and Enterprise 10.8.1. Its been like this all week, i will try the tool and then restart service.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another option is to disable topo then enable.  

0 Kudos
larryy
by
New Contributor II

Hi All,

When you run into an issue like this, please work with support to get it logged so we can address it appropriately.  In this case what you are describing is similar to an issue that did come through support and we are working on.  Disabling and re-enabling your topology is the suggested to fix the issue, assuming it is what it appears to be.  We are currently working on a fix so the issue does not reappear.

Thanks, larry

larryy
by
New Contributor II

Sorry, should have also mentioned the issue you appear to be describing and the one we are working on is BUG-000138212 Validate fails for dirty areas with subnetwork errors, "Edit operation failed: ERROR" is returned.

thanks, larry

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Larry,

Can you provide a link to the bug please?

0 Kudos
ColinWerle1
Esri Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User, 

BUGs that are new or in the product plan such as the one Larry mentioned (BUG-000138212) do not have a public facing page until they are closed and implemented into ArcGIS Pro updates, ArcGIS Server patches, etc. However, if a Support case is logged and you reference the bug with a support analyst, they will likely confirm and have it attached to your organization's MyEsri account for visibility.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/arcgis-pro-bugs-list-anywhere/m-p/191395#M8474

Thanks,
Colin

cc. @DaniellaSollitt