Select to view content in your preferred language

best pratice for project UN and preserve the data

Jump to solution
03-14-2023 01:11 AM
gpgisandsky
Occasional Contributor

Dear all,

I have a UN (v6 in a fgdb - A) in a spatial reference and I want project it in another one and preserve the data within.

I tried two way:

- project the dataset which contain UN to another dataset with the new spatial reference using project tool. In this case the project works fine but the new dataset lose the UN.

- export my UN in a asset package (untools v3.1) then use change asset package spatial reference. In this case the new asset package lose the data.

How I can preserve my data?

Thank you

Giuseppe P.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

That error is correct, enable of the network topology failed.  The asset package succeeded.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MikeMillerGIS

If you create a new Utility Network, in the new spatial reference, then apply the asset package to that UN, it should project the data during the append on the fly.

0 Kudos
gpgisandsky
Occasional Contributor

Maybe theoretically yes but in my feature I used forward slash character in a domain description (is it forbidden?) so when:

- apply the asset package with forward slash in a domain description the following error appear:

Apply Asset Package
=====================
Parameters

Asset Package C:\Arcgis\Elettrico\0_dati_input\ElettricoUNv6_newasstype_asspack.gdb
Domain Networks to apply Structure;Pipeline
Input Utility Network C:\Arcgis\Elettrico\0_dati_input\03_multidominio_import2asset.gdb\xxxxxxx\Hydroelectric
Load data INCLUDE_DATA
Calculate Spatial Index and Analyze ANALYZE
Output Utility Network
Configurations to apply
Rename using
Post Process POST_PROCESS
=====================
Start Time: Tuesday, March 14, 2023 9:48:14 AM
ArcGIS Pro 3.1.41833
untools 3.1.0
Executing from ArcGIS Pro, 1 map(s), activeMap = True
Parallel processing enabled: 3

Asset Package schema version: 3.1
The asset package has the following errors (88/88):
Item Field OID Value Message Level
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
86 None None NaN Asset_Type_Pipeline_Junction_Nodi (1:GIUNTO DI TRANSIZIONE ACCIAIO/PE) '/' should not be used in AssetType names warning
87 None None NaN Asset_Type_Pipeline_Junction_Nodi (2:GIUNTO DI TRANSIZIONE PVC/PEAD) '/' should not be used in AssetType names warning
Failed to execute (AssetPackageToUtilityNetwork).
Failed at Tuesday, March 14, 2023 9:48:51 AM (Elapsed Time: 37.12 seconds)

- if I try to use D_Rename table in order to remove character the following error appear:

gprocino_0-1678802773903.png

Apply Asset Package
=====================
Parameters

Asset Package C:\Arcgis\Elettrico\0_dati_input\Asset_Package_Retexo_v6.gdb
Input Utility Network C:\Arcgis\Elettrico\0_dati_input\03_multidominio_import2asset.gdb\xxxxxxxxxx\Hydroelectric
Load data INCLUDE_DATA
Output Utility Network
Configurations to apply
Rename using renameslash
=====================
Start Time: Tuesday, March 14, 2023 1:40:47 PM
ArcGIS Pro 3.1.41833
untools 3.1.0

A python error occurred.
EXCEPTION
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone-electric\lib\site-packages\untools\common\wrappers.py", line 159, in wrapper
f = func(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone-electric\lib\site-packages\untools\gptools\tools.py", line 609, in run
ap = ap_constructor(
File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone-electric\lib\site-packages\untools\gptools\tools.py", line 53, in ap_constructor
ap = AssetPackage(
File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone-electric\lib\site-packages\untools\utility_network\ap.py", line 98, in __init__
EvaluateRename(self, rename_field).main()
File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone-electric\lib\site-packages\untools\utility_network\rename.py", line 718, in main
self.fix_xml()
File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone-electric\lib\site-packages\untools\utility_network\rename.py", line 713, in fix_xml
self.modify_table_alias(lookup.get(AssetPackageRename.TABLE_ALIAS.name))
File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone-electric\lib\site-packages\untools\utility_network\rename.py", line 492, in modify_table_alias
self._modify_element(table, "AliasName", lookup.get(table.findtext("Name"), {}))
File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone-electric\lib\site-packages\untools\utility_network\rename.py", line 293, in _modify_element
prop.text = mapping.get(prop.text, prop.text)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'text'
Failed at Tuesday, March 14, 2023 1:41:31 PM (Elapsed Time: 43.65 seconds)

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Can we get a schema only Asset Package?  Would help us hunt this down.

0 Kudos
gpgisandsky
Occasional Contributor

Hi Mike I sent the fgdb to your private box.

thank you for your support.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

1:  For the first issue, look in those 88 messages, we need the one that is an error.  You only posted the warnings.  Can you find the Error or send the entire list?

2:  In your rename table, run a select by Attribute -  property_type = 'Table Alias'.  The last one is a table called Test, that exist as a FeatureDataset and FeatureClass.  There is a bug in the code when a table and FD have the same name.  Either remove this entry or rename your table or Feature dataset

0 Kudos
gpgisandsky
Occasional Contributor

I'm sorry for point 1 maybe it was an old fgdb where i tried to re-create it manipulating the xml in order to remove "/" character. 

About the point 2 in the asset package i manually renamed "test" feature dataset in "dataset_te" and I didn't change the D_Rename table because "test" is about table alias.

when I apply the asset package I got e new message...:

gprocino_0-1678811157210.png

Apply Asset Package
=====================
Parameters

Asset Package C:\Arcgis\Elettrico\0_dati_input\Asset_Package_xxx_v6.gdb
Input Utility Network C:\Arcgis\Elettrico\0_dati_input\03_multidominio_import2asset.gdb\xxxx\Hydroelectric
Load data INCLUDE_DATA
Output Utility Network
Configurations to apply renslash
Rename using renameslash
=====================
Start Time: Tuesday, March 14, 2023 4:11:46 PM
ArcGIS Pro 3.1.41833
untools 3.1.0

Staging directory -- C:\Arcgis\Elettrico\0_dati_input\AP_Workspace3
The asset package has the following warnings (2/2):
Item Field OID Value Message Level
0 None None None Asset_Type_Pipeline_Junction_Nodi (1:GIUNTO DI TRANSIZIONE ACCIAIO/PE) '/' should not be used in AssetType names warning
1 None None None Asset_Type_Pipeline_Junction_Nodi (2:GIUNTO DI TRANSIZIONE PVC/PEAD) '/' should not be used in AssetType names warning
Start Time: Tuesday, March 14, 2023 4:12:53 PM
ERROR 160344: The number of errors generated during the topology analysis exceeds the specified threshold.
Failed to execute (EnableNetworkTopology).
Failed at Tuesday, March 14, 2023 4:13:00 PM (Elapsed Time: 6.64 seconds)
Failed at Tuesday, March 14, 2023 4:14:55 PM (Elapsed Time: 3 minutes 8 seconds)

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

That error is correct, enable of the network topology failed.  The asset package succeeded.

0 Kudos
gpgisandsky
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Mike. It's works fine.

0 Kudos