Select to view content in your preferred language

Attribute table displays domain codes, not descriptions

Jump to solution
06-03-2024 10:58 AM
mshanaghan
Occasional Contributor

I created a new field called "Legacy Class" and applied a domain to the field ("Legacy_Class"). The attribute table is only displaying the domain codes instead of the descriptions.

The screencap below shows the fields view, domains view, and the attribute pane displaying only the domain code, not the description, for this new field. Does anyone see anything wrong with how I set this up? 

Screenshot 2024-06-03 134824.png

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

for the domain to be displayed correctly, the domain will need to be applied at the subtype.  I'm guessing the table has subtypes and you are only assigning the domain at the root level, not the subtype level

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com

View solution in original post

RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

If your class has subtypes, make sure that you assign the domain to the appropriate subtype as well. The easiest way to handle this is to use the Assign Domain to Field gp tool, since it lets you select all the subtypes at once.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

for the domain to be displayed correctly, the domain will need to be applied at the subtype.  I'm guessing the table has subtypes and you are only assigning the domain at the root level, not the subtype level

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

If your class has subtypes, make sure that you assign the domain to the appropriate subtype as well. The easiest way to handle this is to use the Assign Domain to Field gp tool, since it lets you select all the subtypes at once.

mshanaghan
Occasional Contributor

Worked perfectly, thank you much!

0 Kudos