ArcGIS Pro 2.7.2: “enable network topology” tool ends up with “all network feature class must have attribute domians….” error,

03-20-2021 02:59 AM
Labels (1)
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.7.2: “enable network topology” tool ends up with “all network feature class must have attribute domians….” error,

I couldn’t figure out why the “enable network topology” tool ends up with error below:

“All network feature classes must have attribute domains assigned on the Asset type field for each subtype (Asset group). [WaterLine - Unknown]”

This is despite the fact that all the subtype and domains are correctly configured as per the screenshot below

The data is attached

Clip_600.jpg

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor
Not all subtypes have a domain assign, as the error stated, the unknown subtype is missing the domain on asset type.
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

From your screenshot, it looks like the unknown asset group/asset type needs a domain assigned to it.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

I tried to assign a domain for the “unknow” but I get the error below

“001987: The domain is required by utility network and cannot be modified”

Clip_626.jpgClip_627.jpg

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah man, I've had that happen as well.  As Mike Miller mentioned, I believe the only course of action is to export to an asset package, assign the domain then apply to a new UN.  I believe so much (attribute rules, connectivity rules, subnetwork def etc) is tied to that asset group/type when you enable network topology, the UN can't let that go....