ArcGIS Pro 2.7.2: “enable network topology” tool ends up with “all network feature class must have attribute domians….” error,

03-20-2021 02:59 AM
Labels (1)
JamalNUMAN
Esteemed Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.7.2: “enable network topology” tool ends up with “all network feature class must have attribute domians….” error,

I couldn’t figure out why the “enable network topology” tool ends up with error below:

“All network feature classes must have attribute domains assigned on the Asset type field for each subtype (Asset group). [WaterLine - Unknown]”

This is despite the fact that all the subtype and domains are correctly configured as per the screenshot below

The data is attached

Clip_600.jpg

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Regular Contributor
Not all subtypes have a domain assign, as the error stated, the unknown subtype is missing the domain on asset type.
RandallChew
Occasional Contributor

From your screenshot, it looks like the unknown asset group/asset type needs a domain assigned to it.

JamalNUMAN
Esteemed Contributor

I tried to assign a domain for the “unknow” but I get the error below

“001987: The domain is required by utility network and cannot be modified”

Clip_626.jpgClip_627.jpg

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
RandallChew
Occasional Contributor

Yeah man, I've had that happen as well.  As Mike Miller mentioned, I believe the only course of action is to export to an asset package, assign the domain then apply to a new UN.  I believe so much (attribute rules, connectivity rules, subnetwork def etc) is tied to that asset group/type when you enable network topology, the UN can't let that go....