ArcGIS Pro 2.6: Connected tracing ends up with “No valid starting locations found”,

08-07-2020 01:50 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.6: Connected tracing ends up with “No valid starting locations found”,

Despite the fact that a starting point is added correctly on an edge that participate in a utility network, the Connected tracing ends up with “No valid starting locations found”.

What could be the issue here?

The data is attached

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
5 Replies
RomanSmolinski
New Contributor II

I have this same problem. Did you find the solution?

Roman.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Unfortunately, it appears that we have very small community for this and this is why most of our issues are left with no answers

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Jamal,

I took a look at the data.  I was able to repo the issue.  Once I disabled Topo and Enabled it again, the trace worked.  So the data was not in the network index.  I am not sure how this happened.  What was the ordered of events?  Did you sketch in the data or did you append it?  Was the data sketched first and then the rules added?

MelissaJarman
Esri Contributor

Thanks Jamal - Getting more information about how the data got in this state would help us pin point the issue.

You also cannot generate network diagrams with the network features in the current state. After you make a slight edit to the feature to generate a dirty area, validate works, and then a connected trace can be completed. Interested in hearing more about the order of operations to see if this can be replicated.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Hi Mike,

Right. disabling\enabling the network topology resolves the issue despite the fact that the popped-up error has nothing to do with the solution

Hi Melissa,

Sure. I edit, save, validate and trace.

The popped-up message needs to be enhanced to better indicate what the issue is. What do you think?

Clip_593.jpg

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos