ArcGIS Pro 2.5: The “disable network topology” tool gets the software crashed,

06-14-2020 11:24 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.5: The “disable network topology” tool gets the software crashed,

I observed that each time the “disable network topology” tool is performed then the software gets crashed.

Is this a documented bug?

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
13 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Make sure you send the report (it is done for you).

Bugs on that search phrase disable network topology

https://support.esri.com/en/Search-Results#search?q=disable%20network%20topology&content-type=Bugs

To search for your own bugs

Search on ArcGIS Technical Support 

changing the language to one of your preference.

... sort of retired...
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

It’s not listed there! Not sure if anyone in the community has already encountered in this issue

Jamal Numan
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

those are the bugs I sent in the list.  If yours isn't there, perhaps no one has reported it, so you should contact Tech Support so they can walk you through tests to see if it is a bug

... sort of retired...
VishApte
Esri Contributor

Works for me on Pro 2.5.0. 

I would use UN from SDE connection as a parameter. Try with turning off UN service if you have published one and then run the tool.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

The data is saved in file geodatabase and not published, nevertheless, the software get crashed as the “disable network topology” tool is run. Also, we have tried it on multiple machines but ends up with crashing

What other issues I need to check

Jamal Numan
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jamal,

I hope you are well. I was only able to find one bug that is logged for UN crashing at 2.5. Here is the bug: BUG-000130192: Disabling the network topology causes ArcGIS Pro 2.5 to crash when the utility network has a Z extent of NaN.

This might be the reason why you are getting a crash on other machines if you are accessing the same UN. Is your XY and Z extents initialized with NaN? 

Best,

Luba

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Many thanks Luba Hristova for the input?

Are you referring here to the Service Territory layer? How can I check if my “XY and Z extents initialized with NaN”?

The sample data is attached

Jamal Numan
WillBooth1
New Contributor III

Hi Jamal,

This looks like a bug (not sure which) that has been fixed in ArcGIS Pro 2.6.0 beta 1, which can be downloaded if you belong to the Early Adopter Community.  Your UNW data crashed my ArcGIS Pro 2.5.1 but not the beta when I tried to “disable network topology”, and as the H.gdb (see attached) is backwardly compatible (at least to 2.5.1) you have a workaround.

Cheers

Will

If this answer solved your question or if you found it helpful please mark it accordingly to help others who have the same question.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thank you for confirming that there is a bug with the “disable network topology” tool in 2.5.0.

Do you mean that the “disable network topology” tool works fine in 2.5.1?

Jamal Numan