Adding a new code to DEVICE_STATUS domain for Partially open valves

02-24-2021 02:16 PM
VishApte
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I am in a process of building a UN model for Water Distribution. It is set-up correctly mostly similar to Naperville model and can see subnetworks and run traces etc.

Now I need to add an additional code to VALVE_STATUS domain called "Partial" to represent that a valve is partially open. I stopped UN services and disabled UN topology. I then added a code 4 with description of "Partial" to appropriate domains i.e. Valve_Status and Device_Status_Combined.

VishApte_0-1614204025417.pngVishApte_1-1614204078244.png

I then reenabled the topology. When I change one of the valves from "Open"
to "Partial", it becomes a barrier and  the network downstream is left out of the subnetwork after Validate and Update subnetwork. The tier is defined only with Present_Status=0 (closed) as a barrier. So Present_Status of 4 (Partial) should not become a barrier.

VishApte_2-1614204818367.png

Am I missing something? 

Cheers,

Vish

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Does not make sense.  Could you package a up a small repo case and we can look at it?

0 Kudos
VishApte
Esri Contributor

@MikeMillerGIS 

I tried the same in Naperville V4 model and I could not reproduce. The only difference I found is Naperville v4 model schema v2.6 does not have "Device Status Combined" domain and does not have "Device Status" domain, only "Valve Status" domain.

Also, I found network attribute definition is different. Naperville model has as below.

VishApte_0-1614337953171.png

My model also V4 and created using Pro 2.6.0 has

VishApte_1-1614338141032.png

Will it making the difference?

Cheers,

Vish

0 Kudos
VishApte
Esri Contributor

Trying to fix my model so that inline field bit size updates to 3 to cater for additional value of 4 in the Device Status Combined domain. But I cannot find a tool to remove network attribute or disassociate network attribute so that I can add it again. Adding the same attribute errors out.

ERROR 001952: Network attribute with the specified name already exists.
Failed to execute (AddNetworkAttribute).

Parameters were:

Input Utility Network UNWater Utility Network
Attribute Name P:Device Status
Attribute Type SHORT
In Line INLINE
Apportionable NOT_APPORTIONABLE
Domain Name 6_Pipeline_Device_Status_Combined
Is Overridable NOT_OVERRIDABLE
Nullable NOT_NULLABLE
Substitution NOT_SUBSTITUTION
Network Attribute to Substitute
Updated Utility Network UNWater Utility Network

Looks like I will have to export asset package, fix network attribute and reapply 😞

0 Kudos
VishApte
Esri Contributor

Export Asset Package with data and Reapply Asset Package worked.

Device Status is updated with in-line network attribute of 3 bits. Traces work correctly.

VishApte_0-1614558709575.png

It will be nice if Pro UN toolset adds a tool to remove network attribute or reset network attribute and to remove network attribute assignment.

0 Kudos