002553: One or more subnetworks failed to update

599
4
Jump to solution
10-04-2019 07:58 PM
KevinKirkwood
New Contributor III

I'm running ArcGIS Pro 2.3.4 and arc server 10.6.

I haven't needed to use the Utility Network or Pro for the last month, but logged on today as I need to work with the Utility Network tools to finalize client data. When I try to run the update subnetwork tool or update symbology from file tool I've been encountering problems. The update symbology tool wont work in the client mode or feature service.

Also, updating symbology by importing .lryx files is acting very strange. 

Have the issues been documented by anyone else?

I know Pro 2.4.2 has just been released and I'm wondering if this is causing my issues.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KevinKirkwood
New Contributor III

Vish,

Thank you for your reply. I have resolved this issue. The problem was that the junction points that we created pragmatically carried Z Coordinates when they were created. This caused the junctions to have different elevations than the line features. When we fixed this issue everything worked as expected.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KevinKirkwood
New Contributor III

So I've done some more digging and realize that all the junction and device features won't update the Is Connected field even though they are snapped to the endpoints of lines. The Junctions and devices all have their Life cycle Status field set to In Service but nothing will update when the Is Connected tool is run. 

I ended up deleting a few riser junctions that wouldn't update as connected then re-adding them. The newly added feature would update Is Connected but the ones that were loaded with the Asset Package will not update no matter what I try. 

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

0 Kudos
VishApte
Esri Contributor

Hi Kevin,

If you move the junctions added using the Asset Package, does it have a rubber-band effect on the lines they connect to? If not, it means the junctions are not connected. It could be because the junctions are not snapped to the end/vertex/edge or the rule does not allow the connection. Check "assetgroup", "assettype" and "lifecyclestatus" and any other "network" attribute that governs if connection can be made. Enable Network Topology adds system junctions to connect the lines together if the junctions/devices do not conform to UN rules. 

I had a similar issue where I had bring the data from the third party system and re-project it into Asset Package. Re-project created junctions with a floating point misalignment and caused the junctions to not snap to line and thus disconnect. I had to run "snap" tool on points before apply asset package.

Hope it helps to diagnose the issue further.

Cheers,

Vish

0 Kudos
KevinKirkwood
New Contributor III

Vish,

Thank you for your reply. I have resolved this issue. The problem was that the junction points that we created pragmatically carried Z Coordinates when they were created. This caused the junctions to have different elevations than the line features. When we fixed this issue everything worked as expected.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor II

Where did you find this setting and how did you fix it.  We are trying to implement the Water Utility and have found anywhere a tap is in the middle of the line snapped to a vertex it doesn't catch the service or if we add a new main off the tap it doesn't connect it through the update subnetwork.

So we have main vertex connected to a tap that is connected to a service.

I looked at the edit vertices of both the main, tap and services and they area all set to 0.