Utility Network export Tier data to Excel/CSV

04-28-2021 08:14 AM
ScottFierro1
New Contributor II

Under the Network Properties of the Utility Network the "Tiers" section is a very large table that is hard to navigate or use. Providing an option to export this table out to Excel or CSV would be amazing. Even just getting it to a database table is fine as the intermediary step.

6 Comments
RobertThomson

Also handy would be a visual way to look at the network Tiers, see the attached for ours.Water Distribution Network Tiers.jpg

ScottFierro1

@RobertThomson also a great idea, is there a posted ideas link you can share to upvote that one?

RobertThomson

I guess I can just post as a new post?  I know one thing for sure there's got to be a better way to represent the Utility Network.  When I was learning the UN and putting ours together it was nightmare looking into Network Properties to find out why I was having certain issues not to mention understanding the entire structure of the Water Template Model I used.

ScottFierro1

Yeah, it's new and will continue to get refined but these simple changes can make all users lives easier. 

I'd say definitely create a new post with it because it is a separate, unique idea but equally valid.

RobertKrisher

Solutions taken from this idea (Scroll bar on Network Properties in Utility Manage... - Esri Community).

As of ArcGIS Pro 3.2 you can use the Generate Schema Report tool to create an excel or html report for your geodatabase. This includes a section that describes the tiers in your network.

You can also use the utility network properties extractor to produce this in csv format.

If you want to visualize your actual subnetworks, you can use the export subnetwork controllers tool to output all your subnetwork controllers to a csv file (that includes tiers) and use that to generate a graphic like what you referenced above.

RemiMyers
Status changed to: Implemented

As per Robert's comments above