Make the Network Properties Pane Non modal and dockable

12-23-2020 09:53 AM
JimmyBowden
Occasional Contributor II

The Network Proprieties pane is very helpful to see the details of how the network is configured.  This seems to be the only place where these properties are accessed from.  I am often reviewing network properties while also looking at feature class subtypes and fields.  Having to open and close the network properties each time makes this a difficult task.  I would prefer to have these properties behave like the "Design" properties (ie subtype, fields, and domains).  These have context, are dockable, and  non modal.

3 Comments
MelissaJarman

Thanks Jimmy for your input.

If you are looking to report the utility network configuration, you can also using arcpy describe.

Utility Network Properties 

JimmyBowden

Thanks for the tip @MelissaJarman.  I still think improvements to the UI are needed but the python will be useful.

DavidCrawford
Status changed to: Under Consideration

We are currently looking at redesigning some aspects of the Network Properties page. Making it non-modal is one of those things under consideration. No timeline yet, and not specifically included in a product plan, but definitely an idea we hope to get the opportunity to implement.