Zoning Types Order field or Reorder

Jump to solution
11-22-2022 06:32 AM
SarahRichardson
New Contributor III

What field in the zoning types table is used for the Order header on the Zoning Types page?  It's not mentioned in the zoning types table provided by ESRI.  When I click the Reorder button the zones are in the order I wish it would be, but they are not in that order on the Zoning Types set up page in AGU.

Thanks!

Sarah 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Till_Schmid
Esri Contributor

In case the field Order only shows 0, Urban in the background automatically uses a secondary order by label name.

If you click on Reorder in the plan settings/data manager and re-order types in the dialog, the new order is stored and the 0s are replaced with the new order.

In case you already like the order presented in the Reorder dialog and would like this order to be represented in the Order field as well, you have to move one zoning type (and back to its original position) before clicking OK. This will then write the order field. We are aware that this workflow is not optimal and will try to improve it.

In addition, in the plan settings or data manager, you can also click on any field in the header to sort the table by that field (e.g. Name or Label).

Till_Schmid_0-1670237534701.png

Let me know if you have any question.

Thanks,

Till

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Till_Schmid
Esri Contributor

Hi @SarahRichardson

You can reorder the zone types in the plan configuration or urban model settings. This order is then shown in the zoning legend in the plan editor's zoning mode.

If you are uploading zone types from spreadsheet, the row order in the excel spreadsheet is preserved.
If you are uploading zone types from feature table or feature layer symbology, all types will have the same order ID. In the zoning legend in the plan editor, the types will then be ordered alphabetically by its label. You can always re-order as mentioned above.

Let me know in case something is still unclear.

Thanks,

Till

0 Kudos
SarahRichardson
New Contributor III

The zone types spreadsheet order is maintained in the legend, I was wondering about the zoning types order on the set up page (we have 980 zones, so hard to find them without an order) where there is a field called 'Order' that right now just has zeros.  If found the field in the geodatabase table for zoning types [ZoneTypeOrder].  Thank you for your response.

0 Kudos
Till_Schmid
Esri Contributor

In case the field Order only shows 0, Urban in the background automatically uses a secondary order by label name.

If you click on Reorder in the plan settings/data manager and re-order types in the dialog, the new order is stored and the 0s are replaced with the new order.

In case you already like the order presented in the Reorder dialog and would like this order to be represented in the Order field as well, you have to move one zoning type (and back to its original position) before clicking OK. This will then write the order field. We are aware that this workflow is not optimal and will try to improve it.

In addition, in the plan settings or data manager, you can also click on any field in the header to sort the table by that field (e.g. Name or Label).

Till_Schmid_0-1670237534701.png

Let me know if you have any question.

Thanks,

Till

SarahRichardson
New Contributor III

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos