is there a way to build a web map using GraphQL Endpoints

08-04-2022 12:53 PM
JurateMeister
New Contributor III

We have weather data available via GraphQL Endpoint  and I am wondering if there is a way to consume it on the we maps

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MCameron
Esri Contributor

Hi @JurateMeister 

I am not an expert in this area, however, my initial feeling is no, this is not possible out of the box.

With GraphQL endpoints, you need something that is going to send the query to the endpoint and specify exactly what you need back, in order for it to return the JSON response. Placing the endpoint URL into one of the web maps, similar to a REST endpoint URL, is not going to make that request. 

I am aware that the ArcGIS Velocity product enables HTTP poller requests to be made to the endpoint over time, i.e. for real-time data. This then creates an output feature layer that is being continually updated, and the feature layer can be added to a web map and see those updates as frequently as the endpoint is being polled.

I think based on that, if you had a solution or something custom that polled the endpoint for you and created a feature layer from the output, then the feature layer itself would work on the web map, but not the GraphQL endpoint on its own. 

Hope this helps to answer your question - may be something worth posting in the Ideas section though! 🙂 

0 Kudos
AgnieszkaRozniak
Esri Contributor

Hi @JurateMeister 

Thank you for your question. Are you sure that your question relates to ArcGIS Urban?

If yes, could you provide more detail to your question? If that's not the case, I would gladly help you to move your question to the correct Place within Esri Community.

0 Kudos