Error when opening Urban Model after License Renewal

Jump to solution
07-07-2021 06:03 AM
AugustNastasi
New Contributor III

Hello.  The past couple weeks I have been using Urban through a trial, and yesterday when my company officially purchased both GIS Professional Basic & ArcGIS Urban Suite licenses I am now unable to open an Urban Model I had previously been working on in my trial period. Every time I attempt to open my model I get the following message: 

Capture2.PNG

Additionally, I am also unable to create a new Urban Model from a template or from scratch. 

My ArcGIS online account user is a GIS Professional Basic with the Administrator role and has the ArcGIS Urban Suite add-on license assigned.  I have also tried clearing the browser cache, updated the browser, tried a different browser, and tried a different computer. 

If anyone has encountered this issue or potentially has a solution please let me know! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Till_Schmid
Esri Contributor

Hi @AugustNastasi 

Since this seems to be a technical issue on the ArcGIS Online side of things, I would like to refer you to the Esri support for this issue. Please have your organization's subscription ID ready and explain the issues you encounter on ArcGIS Online (not being able to create feature services). Solving this should also get ArcGIS Urban running again.

Thanks,

Till

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Till_Schmid
Esri Contributor

Hi @AugustNastasi 

Sorry to hear that this doesn't work yet. To find the problem, I have some questions:

• Can you confirm, that the new license and the trial license are assigned to the same organization on ArcGIS Online?
  • Can you confirm, that you are using the same account for the new license as well as for the trial license?
  • Could you post a screenshot of your browser console log once the error occurs? (Hit F12 on your keyboard and click on "Console" in the right side panel).

Thanks in advance,

Till

0 Kudos
AugustNastasi
New Contributor III

Hi Till. Thanks for your quick response.  

Can you confirm, that the new license and the trial license are assigned to the same organization on ArcGIS Online?

> While the trial license and new license did not overlap in activation periods, they do belong to the same organization.  However, one thing that I found interesting that was occurring yesterday was that on ArcGIS Online when viewing my Organization's licenses it appeared that the Urban Suite license was assigned to myself, yet on MyESRI when looking at my organization it appeared that it was not.  However, today they both indicate that they are assigned to myself. 

Can you confirm, that you are using the same account for the new license as well as for the trial license?

> Yes.  I am using the same account and when I was renewing my license after my subscription had ended I did so by inputting my Subscription ID. 

Could you post a screenshot of your browser console log once the error occurs? (Hit F12 on your keyboard and click on "Console" in the right side panel).

> After looking at this, I find it very interesting that the message says "Services are currently in read only state. Writes are not permitted."

ConsoleScreenshot.PNG

0 Kudos
Till_Schmid
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the additional info. The error message is indeed interesting. Could you quickly check, if you are able to perform the following on ArcGIS Online:

• Creating a new feature layer
    Click on the plus icon and select any template:
    Till_Schmid_0-1625674677185.png
  • Edit the Urban database of your Urban model directly on ArcGIS Online:
    The data from your Urban model should be located in a folder named after your Urban Model. In this folder, locate the database.
    Till_Schmid_1-1625674787873.png

Open the database and select any layer, for example "Building Types" and try to edit the filed "BuildingTypeName". Be aware that changing data on ArcGIS Online might break your Urban model, therefore make sure to only edit uncritical fields such as "Name" or "Description" fields & reverse the edits afterwards.

Thanks,

Till

0 Kudos
AugustNastasi
New Contributor III

Creating a new feature layer

> I was not able to create a new feature layer.  As soon as I would specify a title, tags and summary for the new hosted layer and hit 'done' there would be no result, and no feature layer would be published.  

Edit the Urban database of your Urban model directly on ArcGIS Online:

> I was successfully able to change the description for layers in my model's Database. 

0 Kudos
Till_Schmid
Esri Contributor

Thank you for checking. It seems that you are not able to create a new feature layer on ArcGIS Online. Can you make sure:

• That your user role has sufficient privileges to create a feature layer on ArcGIS Online? See here for more information.
  • That your organization has sufficient credits left? See here for more information.

Thanks

Till

0 Kudos
AugustNastasi
New Contributor III

That your user role has sufficient privileges to create a feature layer on ArcGIS Online?

>Yes, my user role is administrator.

That your organization has sufficient credits left? 

>My organization has 499.96 remaining credits.

0 Kudos
Till_Schmid
Esri Contributor

Hi @AugustNastasi 

Since this seems to be a technical issue on the ArcGIS Online side of things, I would like to refer you to the Esri support for this issue. Please have your organization's subscription ID ready and explain the issues you encounter on ArcGIS Online (not being able to create feature services). Solving this should also get ArcGIS Urban running again.

Thanks,

Till

0 Kudos
AugustNastasi
New Contributor III

Till, this issue was resolved by tech support.  Thanks for your help. 

AlexRudowski
New Contributor III

Hi @AugustNastasi and @Till_Schmid ,

I'm having the same issue with browser crashes when I try to load Urban. I also have sufficient admin privileges and plenty of credits. Can you share what tech support's solution was?

Thank you!

AlexRudowski_0-1630434394357.png

0 Kudos