ArcGIS Urban Vision

Jump to solution
11-30-2022 11:27 AM
MelanieNeedle
New Contributor III

Hi, I am a new user of ArcGIS Urban. I am currently using to it model potential development given a modernized zoning regulation that would produce the effect of higher density, taller buildings with minimal setbacks. I am interested in hearing what steps people took to sketch out a vision with their client/town before modeling. Was modeling based on input from community charrette sessions? Who decided which parcels to merge to create larger parcels that allow for more intense uses? Did you the ArcGIS Urban 'operator' make all the decisions for the placing building types on parcels? How did you decided what to demolish? How did you accomplish maintaining existing buildings that under utilize a parcel and also make it visually pleasing?

Really interested in hearing about people's work flow for capturing the vision before doing the 3D visualization.

Thanks,

Melanie Needle

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrendenDrumm
New Contributor II

Hi Melanie!

Thanks for reaching out in our ArcGIS Urban blog! These are some great questions that I'm sure our ArcGIS Urban users would love to discuss. I'm going to go ahead and leave this open for our users to share their ideas. Additionally, you can join our linkedin group that further connects our users, feel free to join! ArcGIS Urban - Smart City Planning User Group | Groups | LinkedIn

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BrendenDrumm
New Contributor II

Hi Melanie!

Thanks for reaching out in our ArcGIS Urban blog! These are some great questions that I'm sure our ArcGIS Urban users would love to discuss. I'm going to go ahead and leave this open for our users to share their ideas. Additionally, you can join our linkedin group that further connects our users, feel free to join! ArcGIS Urban - Smart City Planning User Group | Groups | LinkedIn