ArcGIS For Urban Planning

11-16-2022 06:33 PM
AaronFeldman
New Contributor

Hi ESRI Community!

I'm brand new to this community and was hoping someone could help with a question of mine. I want to pursue an online graduate certificate that teaches me arcGIS and how to effectively use it in the urban planning space. I have no experience in any ESRI products, but am hoping to use a certificate as a launching pad for a career in urban planning. I want to be able to design 3d maps like the one on this page (https://www.urbanthree.com/services/public-asset-valuation/) that shows what types of land use are profitable to a city and which are not.

Does anyone know of a good online certificate program that would help me achieve this goal? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SilviaCasas
Esri Contributor

Hi @AaronFeldman,

We have the Esri Academy, where you can find hundreds of courses to get you familiarized with ArcGIS. If you type in certification, you will find that there are classes for preparing you for Esri Certifications.

If you want to learn more about 3D visualizations, you will find a section dedicated to it under Course Catalog. There are learning paths that guide you so you start with the basics and then go into more advanced topics. We have a learning path for ArcGIS Urban, which is our urban planning product. 

If you have other questions about these courses, I would recommend sending an email to the Esri Academy. There is a form for submitting your questions at the bottom of the Help tab page.

Thanks,

Silvia

0 Kudos