Existing mature communities/neighbourhoods in cities are being densified. Use ArcGIS Urban to show replacement of old apartments new apartments/condos, adding 1-2 bedroom suites to single family houses, adding mixed use buildings. Use Urban to show: impact of change on population target, jobs, housing units, off street parking, on street parking, trees, transit:
1. Set rules that convert a percentage of older apartments/buildings by age of building.
2. Set rules that allow attached secondary suites or garden suites based on size of property and offsets
3. Check view line impacts on various apartment/condo heights (Cityengine and terrain, can show impact on hillsides
4. Show impact of off-street paved parking on single family homes green-space (lawn, trees)
5. Show impact of on-street parking based on width of streets (side street are narrow, etc.)
6. Show impact of adding low-income / affordable student housing on campus (high rise, town house, cafeterias, parking impacts)
7. Show impact of mixed use high-rise on main corridors
8. Allow community (residents, businesses, developers, investors, councils) to see impact of various options
9. Identify buildings by age including those without sprinkler systems
10. Show existing apartments population and impact of replacing with updated or new buildings
11. Show staging of groups of buildings to allow population growth without renoviction
12. Show impact on trees if density added to rural areas. - estimate climate models
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.