Select to view content in your preferred language

How do I filter on aspect (ArcGIS Pro 2.6)

Jump to solution
08-18-2020 11:25 AM
JoeT
by
New Contributor

Hi,

Sorry for such a beginner question. I can't seem to locate the answer by googling.

I have added "Terrain: Aspect" data source to my map in ArcGIS Pro. This produces the expected result {-1 to 359.9}. Now, I'm trying to add a filter so that only 0 - 70 is returned and the rest shows up as no data. From what I've seen, I should be leveraging the Geoprocessing tool set to make this filter happen. However, everywhere I look, I can't filter based on the "value" field. My assumption is that "value" is calculated and I need to do some sort of persistence of the data before I can filter. However, I'm going in circles at this point.

Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Joe - to accomplish this task, you'll need to run the Set Null geoprocessing tool using similar parameters in the attached image.  From there, open the Symbology Pane for the new raster dataset, click the 3 lines upper right of the Symbology Pane and select "Import from layer".  This will apply the aspect symbology to your new raster dataset.  Voila!  All those cells 70 degrees and under are kept - everything else above 70 degrees is Null.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Joe - to accomplish this task, you'll need to run the Set Null geoprocessing tool using similar parameters in the attached image.  From there, open the Symbology Pane for the new raster dataset, click the 3 lines upper right of the Symbology Pane and select "Import from layer".  This will apply the aspect symbology to your new raster dataset.  Voila!  All those cells 70 degrees and under are kept - everything else above 70 degrees is Null.

Hope this helps!

JoeT
by
New Contributor

Thanks so much!