Track View and Change Ownership of feature layer

Jump to solution
06-01-2021 11:31 AM
kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I have created a track view for a several folks within our organization. I would like to transfer the ownership of track view feature layer to one of those individuals. However when I click to change owner I receive these messages, "Item cannot be reassigned without also reassigning all related items". This message I get when I click on the Tracks point layer.

I've also tried to Change Owner up a level so  all the related layers (Tracks, Last Known Locations, and Track Lines) would be moved. I then get this error "Error  Some items were not reassigned because they have dependencies on other items.)

How do I change the ownership of the tracks feature layer?

Thanks in advance,

Kathy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Whichever user enabled location tracking owns the main tracking feature layer and any subsequent views that are created. The only want to change ownership is to change the owner of the main location tracking service and all of the views at once.

This is due to an existing limitation of the ArcGIS view-layer model where the owner of the root service must also own all of the views. It's been a pain point for a while and we're working with the feature service and sharing API teams to have it prioritized for later this year (hopefully).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Whichever user enabled location tracking owns the main tracking feature layer and any subsequent views that are created. The only want to change ownership is to change the owner of the main location tracking service and all of the views at once.

This is due to an existing limitation of the ArcGIS view-layer model where the owner of the root service must also own all of the views. It's been a pain point for a while and we're working with the feature service and sharing API teams to have it prioritized for later this year (hopefully).

0 Kudos
kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks @Anonymous User !

I was thinking that might be the case. I am the person that enabled location tracking but do not want to change the ownership of all the other current views. Thanks so much for the quick response, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Thank-you

0 Kudos
PegGronemeyer1
New Contributor III

Has there been any progress on this?  I have the same issue. 

One survey is still active with new data being entered, but I now work for a different group and should not be the owner.  

Thanks

0 Kudos