"Retain tracks for:" keeps resetting to 30 days

Jump to solution
06-11-2021 07:51 AM
JasonCyphers
Occasional Contributor III

Location tracking has been enabled on my enterprise portal, and I've set "retain tracks for:" to "always"; however, whenever I refresh the organization extensions settings page (or come back to it at a later date), "retain tracks for:" is reset to 30 days.

Any idea why this is happening and/or how to get the setting to stay "always"

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey thanks for reporting this. It seems to be a regression and actually still exists in the latest versions of Enterprise. I'll create an issue internally for this to be addressed for 10.9.1.

Luckily this is a UI only issue, when you change the setting from 30 to "Always" it is updating the back-end feature service correctly. When you reload the page, the UI is only checking for a property called "dataRetentionStrategy" which is the number of days to store tracks for. There is a second property called "dataRetention" which is a boolean which enables/disables the retention period altogether. When you change it to "Always" the "dataRetention" property is set to "false" which means the tracks are stored indefinitely. The UI is not checking that property and appears to only be checking the "dataRetentionStrategy" property.

If you navigate to the the admin endpoint for the feature service tracks layer (layer id 0) you can confirm this outside of the UI:

This with the 30 day retention period:

AaronPulver_0-1623431460738.png

This is with the setting as "Always":

AaronPulver_1-1623431533413.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Which version of Enterprise are you using where you see this behavior?

0 Kudos
JasonCyphers

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey thanks for reporting this. It seems to be a regression and actually still exists in the latest versions of Enterprise. I'll create an issue internally for this to be addressed for 10.9.1.

Luckily this is a UI only issue, when you change the setting from 30 to "Always" it is updating the back-end feature service correctly. When you reload the page, the UI is only checking for a property called "dataRetentionStrategy" which is the number of days to store tracks for. There is a second property called "dataRetention" which is a boolean which enables/disables the retention period altogether. When you change it to "Always" the "dataRetention" property is set to "false" which means the tracks are stored indefinitely. The UI is not checking that property and appears to only be checking the "dataRetentionStrategy" property.

If you navigate to the the admin endpoint for the feature service tracks layer (layer id 0) you can confirm this outside of the UI:

This with the 30 day retention period:

AaronPulver_0-1623431460738.png

This is with the setting as "Always":

AaronPulver_1-1623431533413.png

JasonCyphers
I could not find the "dataRetention" property. Where is it?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's a URL like:

/server/rest/admin/services/Hosted/location_tracking/FeatureServer/0?f=json&token=XXXX

And then under the adminLayerInfo-->tableMetadata-->dataRetention (in the JSON)

0 Kudos
JasonCyphers

got it, thanks!

0 Kudos
JasonCyphers

Thanks!

0 Kudos