Survey123 Connect: Too Many Relevant Fields?

06-23-2021 12:32 PM
MarissaReed
New Contributor

Hello, 

I am working on a survey to be used by our operations team within an urban setting and this survey is meant to help track some of the things they do throughout the day. While our team is good at their jobs they are not technologically savvy and many need the things to be as simple as possible. Thus, I tried to make a survey that takes this into account and the most possible questions they could have to answer is 8 out of about 50 or so. 

One thing I noticed is that if you accidentally click through and select a option you want to change this can confuse the relevant fields and display multiple fields that are not supposed to be displayed together. 

For instance: two of our teams jobs are painting and snow removal; if you select painting you are returned another question asking you what you painted and how many supplies were used, if you select snow removal you are returned a numerical field that asks how many blocks snow was removed on. The problem arises when you accidentally click on one (snow removal) and then go back to click on another option (painting) the relevant question for snow removal remains on top of the relevant questions for painting. 

I went ahead and attached the CSV that we have been working with, it is still very much a work in progress! 

Cheers

3 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MarissaReed thanks for including your XLSForm. I'm unable to reproduce the issue you're seeing; if I choose a job type and then change that choice, the relevant conditions are honoured and the questions that were relevant and then made non-relevant. I have not tried all the possible combinations though - could you please provide more steps on how to reproduce what you're seeing? Also, are you seeing this in the field app, Connect, the web app, or all three? Which versions of Connect/field app are you using?

Best, Jim

0 Kudos
MarissaReed
New Contributor

Hello Jim, 

When using the field app and Connect it all works well, but when we use the webapp (which is what a lot of our operations employees will be using) the problem occurs. Within the first few questions I was able to replicate this problem by going through and selecting the following answers after the Date/Time question:

Field Coordinator/Lead: Yes

District: OTR

Jobs: Hotline Calls

But if you go back and click "No" for the field coordinator/lead question then the jobs question should no longer be appearing nor should the Hotline calls question. https://arcg.is/08Gabj

Here is the link to the survey. Let me know how this goes for you!

Cheers

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @MarissaReed 

Thanks for the sample survey, the issue you mentioned is an known issue, we will reply to this post once the issue is fixed.

Here is a workaround for this issue, change the relevant of the hotline_calls to:

${field_coordinatorlead_jobs}='Hot_Line_Calls' and ${field_coordinatorlead_}='Yes'

Then, this Hotline Calls question will only appear when Field Coordinator/Lead: Yes and Jobs: Hotline Calls.

Thanks,

Ruth