Point-in-polygon queries coming to the Survey123 web designer in October 2022

Jump to solution
08-30-2022 10:41 AM
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

[Updated October 26, 2022]

The functionality described in this video was released on October 26, 2022. Check out this announcement for details

With the October 2022 update to ArcGIS Survey123, you will be able to incorporate point-in-polygon queries into the logic of your form. 

If you like the Survey123 web designer, watch the video below to see how this will work. If you use Survey123 Connect, you will also be able to use the new pulldata("@layer") function . which is described in our Early Adopter documentation.

While some of you have been doing point-in-polygon queries for some time using custom JS functions, the main advantage of pulldata("@layer") is that it works with public surveys.

We still have a few weeks left before the update in October so this is a good time to share with us your feedback!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MaddieShields2
New Contributor II

@IsmaelChivite Could you please share the Survey123 Connect documentation for using point-in-polygon queries from the Early Adopter page? The website says that the project is not currently available when I click on the link. 

UPDATE: Found this article about using point-to-poly queries in Connect.
https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-pulldata-quot-laye...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MPach
by
Occasional Contributor II

This is exactly what I have been looking for 😁

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

@IsmaelChivite can the "polygon" be the extent of the map? I need to be able to auto populate a select_one from current point features in the current extent

0 Kudos
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

This is great. If using Connect to publish the survey (via pulldata("@layer")) , am I right in thinking that this will only work in a connected environment?

0 Kudos
MaddieShields2
New Contributor II

@IsmaelChivite Could you please share the Survey123 Connect documentation for using point-in-polygon queries from the Early Adopter page? The website says that the project is not currently available when I click on the link. 

UPDATE: Found this article about using point-to-poly queries in Connect.
https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-pulldata-quot-laye...

0 Kudos