Zoom In Capabilities Survey 123

06-01-2016 09:50 AM
RobertMarros
Occasional Contributor II

I posted  a response to this same type of question on GitHub but thought to ask here as well, sorry for the redundancy. I was looking for an update on the zoom in capabilities that are planned as enhancements to Survey 123 and what the status might be ?

We have users that will be taking photos as part of their inspection process in the field and it is very important for them to have zoom capabilities so they get the proper photo since an inspector will be reviewing them after the Survey has been posted.

I also think it would be good if the user could click on the photo after it has been taken inside the Survey and it would enlarge the photo in a new pop. This way they can ensure that the photo is good enough and then just close the pop up when finished reviewing. From there the user can then decide to delete and retake or keep the original.

Also, any way to know what is planned for the next releases regarding all enhancements that have been documented and considered by the Survey 123 team.

Thanks in advance,
Jason Sphar

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RobertMarros

With all the updates to Survey123 in the past year, why hasn't the camera/picture taking aspect been addressed in any of the updates? Functionality like zooming in/out, using the flash in dark places, etc.

Thanks

#survey123 image#survey123photo

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Robert,

Much of the camera functionality is actually dependent on addressing the issue in AppStudio, which will then resolve it for not Survey123 but other applications; this is one of the reasons updates on the camera are a little slower than other areas.

0 Kudos
RobertMarros

Thanks James.

Does the Survey123 team have an ETA on when that camera functionality might be available for the Survey123 mobile application? I thought I read about it being in the works for the past couple of releases but its still not out yet.

Also, do you know when the field-list appearance capability below will be made available? This functionality would be extremely useful for long surveys. 

field-listApplies to groups and repeats, when style is set to pages. Displays group of questions on a separate page.

Thanks

ichivite-esristaff

#survey123 app#survey123photo#survey123camera