XY search when offline?

Jump to solution
06-16-2021 08:11 AM
BKS
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello all,

Is there something I'm missing re: ability to search offline maps?  I have a survey with a geopoint that works just fine.  I've linked an MMPK to allow for offline access to map.   The users want to be able to enter an x,y as decimal degrees to locate the point when offline.  when they enter a coordinate in the geopoint question when offline, it does nothing.  It does not navigate to that location.

The attached image shows coordinates being entered when offline.  The message seems to suggest that searching by coordinate is fine but it does not affect the geopoint location whilst offline.  These same coordinates work fine when online.  

Even if someone can confirm that this use case works for them, that would be helpful as well (offline of course). 

Thanks, bks

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @BKS,

I just tested the same workflow and can confirm I see the same issue. When device is in true offline mode (no network and no GPS) the geosearch of coordinates only will not work. If i leave network disabled, but enable GPS (location services) the geosearch of coordinates starts working.

Can you please raise this with Esri support so the issue can be logged officially, and we can track the issue through the system. This will help with it being raised properly with the development team.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @BKS,

After further investigation, I can see that this issue has already been raised with Esri Support as BUG-000131535 (Cannot search for places by coordinates in offline mode). If you haven't contacted Esri Support you can reference this existing issue to have you account linked to in the system.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @BKS,

I just tested the same workflow and can confirm I see the same issue. When device is in true offline mode (no network and no GPS) the geosearch of coordinates only will not work. If i leave network disabled, but enable GPS (location services) the geosearch of coordinates starts working.

Can you please raise this with Esri support so the issue can be logged officially, and we can track the issue through the system. This will help with it being raised properly with the development team.

Regards,

Phil.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @BKS,

After further investigation, I can see that this issue has already been raised with Esri Support as BUG-000131535 (Cannot search for places by coordinates in offline mode). If you haven't contacted Esri Support you can reference this existing issue to have you account linked to in the system.

Regards,

Phil.