Writing to multiple services/tables

06-06-2018 08:07 AM
ZachLindfors1
New Contributor II

I have been tasked with replacing an old access based form with a survey 123 form. The access form contains 4 sections that each write to a different table in the database. Is it possible to create "sections" in a single survey 123 form that write to different tables/feature layers?

6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Zach,

Yes, it is possible to create sections that write to different tables.  In Survey123, these are 'repeat' questions - while designed for multiple entries in the same form, they can be restricted to one entry using repeat_count.  See Repeats—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS for more information.

ZachLindfors1
New Contributor II

Thanks James

I may be confused on how repeats work but it doesn't seem like they would allow me to write from a single survey to multiple feature services... In my case, I don't need to repeat questions, I am simply looking to incorporate 4 different inspections into a single survey 123 form. Each section (inspection) of the survey will populate a different table in our database.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Zach,

The tables need to be accessible from the same feature service and also have a relationship class that connect them (so that the different sections can be linked).

0 Kudos
AdamDaily
Occasional Contributor II

You can use repeats within your survey to create related tables for each section, and then break out each repeat into its own section survey. Use the service URL and form ID within those break-out surveys to point captured data back to the hosted feature service and its corresponding related table.

0 Kudos
ZachLindfors1
New Contributor II

Thanks Adam

I'm not familiar with the term break-out survey... Do you know of additional resources for this specific topic?

0 Kudos
AdamDaily
Occasional Contributor II

Zach,

There is a good link on this topic below. Long video with lots of good info, but for the repeats you are talking about go to 43mins in watch from there.

Survey123 Advanced Topics