working on survey 123 connect, after publish this can I go back and correct errors in the survey questions

07-24-2019 06:41 AM
ToddAckerman
New Contributor III

I want to field test the survey, and after testing the survey what is the best way to make corrections to improve the survey?  Is it as simple as making a copy and renaming it in connect?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

If working with Connect, you can make corrections at any time by simply publishing the survey again.

Then, you need to manually refresh the survey in the mobile device by downloading it again.

Note that if you make modifications that change the geodatabase schema of your survey feature layer, Connect may need to re-create the feature layer. You will get a warning if this is going to happen. If you let Connect re-create your feature layer, you will lose data in that feature layer.

When testing, the above should not be a problem, but when in production, it will!  When in production, If Connect tells met that the feature service needs to be recreated, then I rather create a copy of the survey and publish a second version.