why would a background image work for one survey and not another?

Jump to solution
02-20-2019 02:05 PM
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Hi Survey123 team!

I am building a survey/questionnaire and am attempting to insert a background image, one we have used for other team surveys (created by Louise Branscomb ), but when I use the same public url she has used, I get a file size error.

Error:

the image file ( which is only 175kb):

https://geonetcommunity.maps.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/c4ebcb55b37e44c7b9418466918c30df/...

Survey link:

https://survey123.arcgis.com/surveys/d21a9f70f5da480b9f15e61d8a6004dc/design 

Can you help me understand what I might be doing incorrectly or why this file isn't working for me?

Thanks! 

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Michelle,

What browser are you using? Have you tired to clear your browser cache and history, and/or try using a different browser? Or you can try private/incognito mode.

For the other people on your team it is working for are they using a different browser and was it working before for them, or just now?

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Michelle,

I believe this issue will be fixed for the 3.3 release which should be available next week. Please try again then.

Phil.

MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Thanks, Philip! I will try again next week.

Michelle Mathias
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Hi Phil, I just re-tried and am still getting the same error. Other people on my team can access and add this image to their surveys (the image is public and doesn't exceed the file limit), not sure why it isn't working for either of my surveys. Thanks

Michelle Mathias
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Michelle,

What browser are you using? Have you tired to clear your browser cache and history, and/or try using a different browser? Or you can try private/incognito mode.

For the other people on your team it is working for are they using a different browser and was it working before for them, or just now?

Phil.

0 Kudos
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Hi Philip, I will try another browser to see if that makes a difference. But in the meantime, I saved the image elsewhere (outside of ArcGIS, but publicly accessible) and it loaded fine. So It might be something with my permissions and where the original image is saved. 

Michelle Mathias