Why won't my survey show latitude and longitude coordinates even when I have a geopoint question?

Jump to solution
06-10-2019 06:43 AM
KaitlynAbrahamson
Occasional Contributor

I have a survey that uses a geopoint question and has the option to extract EXIF data from a photo as well.  When I open the data for this survey, all I get for latitude and longitude are from the photos, which are meant as a fail-safe in case the location is not accurate.  The geopoint only seems to be returning a globalid.  Is there a way to recover my coordinates?  If not, how do I convert globalid to latitude and longitude?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I followed up with Kaitlyn offline - the issue was not having columns with latitude and longitude from the point collected.  This can be done by using pulldata('@geopoint', ...); more information is at Geopoints—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Can you perhaps add your survey design file?

0 Kudos
KaitlynAbrahamson
Occasional Contributor

I'd rather not if possible, but I can share privately.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I followed up with Kaitlyn offline - the issue was not having columns with latitude and longitude from the point collected.  This can be done by using pulldata('@geopoint', ...); more information is at Geopoints—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS