Why the new report is not showing at certain scale and the attribute table is not updating?

03-27-2017 09:21 AM
MinxuanLan
New Contributor

I am trying to use the ArcGIS Online to show the location of the survey. And I set the refresh interval of the Survey layer to let the feature class refresh, and show the location of the new report.

However, when a new report is created, it is not showing at certain scale (as shown below). Moreover, the attribute table of the survey layer is not updating at all.

I believe it is not related to the visible range setting since I set it is visible at all range.

It is showing at the 1:200 ft

But it is not showing at the 1:300 ft (Notice the red point is missing).

It comes back at the 1:0.4mi scale.

And the attribute table of this feature class/layer is NOT updating at all, though the refresh interval is set as 0.1 min.

Can anybody tell me why would this weird thing happen and how to fix it? Is it because of the Survey123 or the ArcGIS Online?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Minxuan,

By default, there aren't any scale settings that would prevent the viewing of the survey data at any particular scale- what you're showing looks like a minor error in the map display.

In terms of the data not updating, are you keeping the pop-up active through the refresh time?  I wouldn't expect the pop-up to be refreshed when updating.  Also, Survey123 adds additional records; it currently doesn't update existing records (unless you're using the version 2 beta), so you would need to click on the new point to display the updated information.  The best way to confirm whether the refresh is working is to open a developer window for the page and observe the network traffic.

0 Kudos
MinxuanLan
New Contributor

Thank you James! Your words are enlightened!

So, do you happen to know why this "minor error in the map display" would happen? I have this issue every time when the new survey comes in. Generally, the new record will not automatically show up even though the feature layer is set to refresh in every 0.1 minute. Moreover, the new record is not showing in the attribute table at all. Is this normal or I made something wrong?

0 Kudos
MinxuanLan
New Contributor

I think I got it now.

It works well on the IE browser, the point is automatically shown on the IE browser.

Apparently, Chrome and Firefox made some updates (with the Flash?) and that’s when I have met the problem with these browsers.

0 Kudos