Why does the 'Extensions Disabled' message display for only some users?

10-16-2018 06:22 AM
ChrisBlinn1
Occasional Contributor

I am using a pulldata() function to call a JavaScript function that does a spatial query of a geopoint against a REST endpoint and return a field value.  This works great for some users, but not all users.  For others, they only see an 'Extensions Disabled' message.

I saw this forum posthttps://community.esri.com/thread/219055-launching-survey-123-with-a-url-from-the-workforce-field-ma...  but we are seeing the issue with iOS as well.

Is this just a bug?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Christopher,

Are the users members of your organization? 

0 Kudos
ChrisBlinn1
Occasional Contributor

Hi James,

No, just members of the group we have shared the survey with.  Is that a limitation?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Christopher, 

There is a limitation that only the members of the same organization a form originated in can use the custom JavaScript functionality.  Users may be affected by accidental logout when going offline- this would disable the capability as well.

Jodie_M_Gosselin
New Contributor III

Hi James,

I am also running into the Extensions Disabled message when using a java script extension to perform spatial inheritance. All of the users are named users within our organization. The calculation fields in the form are accessing feature services hosted on our ArcGIS Online account. The feature services are also shared publicly. Is there something that can be causing this?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Jodie,

The only reason you should be seeing that is if the user is not logged in at the time the form is open- the restriction is that a user must be in the same organization as the form.

0 Kudos
AdilsonFurlani
New Contributor III

Hello James.

I have this same problem: I did a Survey that accesses some public FS (in my organization) and when I published I gave access to another user (in my organization), but the following problem is occurring: When I install the survey using the account I used to make this Survey (owner account), sign out of this owner account in the field app (after installing the survey) and sign in using the other account (which I shared my survey - by group) this Survey works well. In this case, Survey works well with this other account after this procedure.

However, if I try to install this Survey using another account directly (which I shared my Survey - by group), I get the message "Extensions disabled".

As a result, I understand that "pulldata(@javascript"... only works if Survey is installed using the Survey owner's account. If the Survey is installed using another account (an organization account) where this Survey was previously shared (using Public sharing, inclusive), the Survey will not work by returning the message “Extensions Disabled.” Am I right in my remarks or do I have anything I can do to resolve this issue?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Adilson,

There was an issue that has been since resolved with a hotfix (3.5.176/3.5.177).  I would encourage you to upgrade and redownload the form to see if this resolves the issue.

0 Kudos