Why does Survey123 Feature Report generation cost so many credits?

10-03-2019 08:45 AM
RobertGilson
New Contributor

I understand that some of the online services associated with Survey123 and AGOL have to cost credits in order for ESRI to make money, but the recent change to charging 2.5 credits per Survey123 Feature Report seems way too high in relation to the actual effort required on their end and the benefit received.

When I originally found out they would charge credits, I assumed it would be something reasonable like 0.1 credits per feature report. At 2.5 credits per report, our business will likely be forced to move away from using Survey123 reporting in the future unless the cost drops to a more reasonable range. Doing the math, this works out to $0.25/per report (1 Credit = $0.10; $0.10 x 2.5 = $0.25/report). One of my laser printers costs less to operate.

Does anyone know why Survey123 reports cost so many credits to generate? Does anyone know the justification for this price point?

13 Replies
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Please vote up the idea to reduce the credit consumption cost: https://community.esri.com/ideas/17535 

MarkLache
New Contributor II

Love the reports and functionality but can't handle the price moving forward

HélèneTouyéras
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Robert Gilson, Mark Lache, joe rodmey, Melissa Jurrens, Zoltan Kovacs, Kevin Brown, and all users/lovers of the Survey123 feature-reports!

Another way around the problem might have been to install Survey123 on premises. However, the current version does not yet support feature reports, and does not seem to be within the product's roadmap (as of Apr-2019, at least, ref here).

I have created a new ArcGIS Idea try to push this functionnality up on the to-do list:

Add feature reports to Survey123 Enterprise (on premises) 

Please vote it up and share around!

Many thanks!

Hélène.

0 Kudos
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Please see the update here: https://community.esri.com/ideas/17535 

0 Kudos