Why does Survey123 Connect create normal Feature Layers and Hosted Feature Layers indiscriminately?

01-14-2021 12:49 PM
OrrinBabcock
New Contributor II

I have a dozen or so surveys that were created from scratch in Survey123 Connect and published out to my Enterprise system. Some of the surveys generate a "Form", "Feature Layer (stakeholder)", and "Feature Layer". Other surveys generate the same layers but list them as "Feature Layer (hosted)".  I do not see a difference in my publishing process that would lead to these different layers.

My big problem is that a stakeholder layer is only created from a "hosted" layer and if the Feature Layer is not hosted, you cannot create a stakeholder layer again. This article, https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000016667 ,instructs you to delete the stakeholder layer and update sharing. These steps are supposed to generate a new stakeholder layer, but it only works if the Feature Layer is hosted, which is not mentioned in the above article. 

Is there a way to generate a new stakeholder layer on a non hosted feature layer? I've got a survey with over 3,000 submissions in it that people can't view the results of because the stakeholder layer is gone. Is there a way to move my results into a new survey without using ArcGIS Pro?

0 Replies