why does my survey crash when trying to take a photo on Windows tablet? It works fine on an iphone.

02-12-2019 05:14 AM
LeifJohnson3
Occasional Contributor II

I have a Mesa 2 rugged tablet that Survey123 has been downloaded onto.  Everything else in the survey seems to work fine, but when I click on the camera icon to take a picture it crashes the survey.  The same operation works on my iphone though.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Brita,

Just letting you know have made significant improvements to the 3.11 release with the camera on Windows and Android which fixes some of the known issues. Are you still having problems with Samsung S9 with survey123 field app 3.10 release? Can you please test out latest 3.11 RC2 builds available on Early Adopter Community and let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Leif,

Just letting you know have made significant improvements to the 3.11 release with the camera on Windows which fixes the known issue with the Juniper Mesa 2 and camera crashes. It also fixes issues found with the Mesa 3 and Windows tablets in general where the image orientation was incorrect. Can you please test out latest 3.11 RC2 builds available on Early Adopter Community and let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos