Why does my published survey have a json error when I try to download it?

Jump to solution
07-19-2019 09:29 AM
CarbonCounty_Utah
New Contributor III

I tried to download a published survey today that is being actively used, and received the following message: /var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/F4951702-56DE-42F0-A204-534544DD5DF4/Documents/ArcGIS/My Surveys/d2111ba4e4d6480ca1f1afde95d2fd94/forminfo.json not found. The survey has not been edited since I initially published it, so I'm confused as to why I'm receiving this when I attempt to download it onto a device. I currently have assessors collecting data in the field with the survey, so I'm also concerned that we're going to run into issues. Does anyone know what generated this error and how to fix it?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Joe,

It sounds as if the form item zip file is corrupt or missing some information when extracted. Can you try and delete the survey from the device, from within the app, or navigate to the ~\ArcGIS\My Surveys\ folder via file browser on the device, that folder should in in internal storage on Android. If you see the survey folder still there after yo have deleted it from within the app, can you also manually delete the folder from within My Surveys.

Try and re-download the survey again and hopefully that works. If not, try and publish again from Connect, and then re-download.

Phil.

0 Kudos
José_CarlosPalma_García
New Contributor II

Hi all,

Settings>applications>survey123>permission>all turn on

0 Kudos