I tried to download a published survey today that is being actively used, and received the following message: /var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/F4951702-56DE-42F0-A204-534544DD5DF4/Documents/ArcGIS/My Surveys/d2111ba4e4d6480ca1f1afde95d2fd94/forminfo.json not found. The survey has not been edited since I initially published it, so I'm confused as to why I'm receiving this when I attempt to download it onto a device. I currently have assessors collecting data in the field with the survey, so I'm also concerned that we're going to run into issues. Does anyone know what generated this error and how to fix it?
It sounds as though when the survey Form item is being unpacked on the device that the forminfo.json file is missing.
What device make/model/OS are you using? Does the same survey work ok when downloaded on other devices?
Are you able to navigate to the folder ~/ArcGIS/My Surveys/d2111ba4e4d6480ca1f1afde95d2fd94/ and see if there is a *.json file in that folder?
Thanks for the response! I've tried downloading the survey onto an iPhone and mini iPad. Both devices gave me the same error. The survey was created and published from Survey123 Connect. After the error started popping up, I downloaded the published survey into connect, and there is a .json file in the folder. Should I attempt to republish it? I'm concerned that if I do, I'll lose about 700 points that my assessors collected.
Provided you do not make any changes to the survey in Connect, simply download the latest version from Online/Portal in the latest Connect version (use the re-download survey arrow/cloud on the survey tile once you sign in), and then simple re-publish the survey, it will re-create the form item in your Online/Portal account, but it will not delete or affect any of the existing data. You will get a warning if there are any schema or compatibility issues, so in that case do not continue with the republish.
Republishing from Connect worked. I was able to download the survey on both devices without the json error, and none of the data collected was lost. Thank you for your help, Philip!
One of my field evaluators experienced the same issue today. For now the issue appears to be limited to his (Android) device because I was able to download/refresh the survey on other iOS and Android devices and it works as expected on those devices.
Hi Philip, thanks for your reply. It is a Motorola G5 Plus running Android 8.1.0/OPSS28.85-17-6. He successfully downloaded and opened the survey in question a couple weeks ago. I made a couple of changes to the survey recently and this issue started when he tried to refresh the survey. It looks like it downloads ok and starts unpacking the contents but then this message appears. The device has an SD card for storage and I get the feeling the forminfo.json file is being unpacked in one location but Survey123 is looking for it in a different location.
It sounds as if the form item zip file is corrupt or missing some information when extracted. Can you try and delete the survey from the device, from within the app, or navigate to the ~\ArcGIS\My Surveys\ folder via file browser on the device, that folder should in in internal storage on Android. If you see the survey folder still there after yo have deleted it from within the app, can you also manually delete the folder from within My Surveys.
Try and re-download the survey again and hopefully that works. If not, try and publish again from Connect, and then re-download.