Why does my answered survey have no records ?

Jump to solution
03-04-2017 01:32 AM
FatmaŞenol
Occasional Contributor II

Dear All, 

I posted a similar question yesterday but haven't received any comment so far. I guess I didn't make my question 

clear enough. 

I designed  and published a survey  to collect data of certain aspects of historical buildings in a small town. The number of questions in the survey is 51 and  so far 899 surveys have been filled and submitted (Survey Overview.jpg). The problem is that when I check the results on Survey123.arcgis.com all I can see is the location of data points and the picture taken at the data point (Survey Data.jpg).  I'm quite confused on why the data table looks empty as if a survey was submitted without entering any data.

I need immediate help on this matter. I would be grateful if anyone at ESRI could share a solution as soon as possible. I would appreciate any immediate contribution.

Regards

20 Replies
FatmaŞenol

Hi James, 

Thank you for your prompt response. I guess this is the best option that I tried so far.

One thing in my mind is that if it is possible to place all the surveys into the outbox.

So that, I can resubmit all surveys at once, instead of sending them one by one by each student.

Yes, I would like to use the phyton script you referred to.

Regards

0 Kudos
FatmaŞenol

Hello James, 

I've copied `My Survey Attachments` folder and the sqlite  databases from each student's phone. I sent them instructions on how to re-submit their surveys from  their computers and they've done it last weekend. However, I'm still struggling with technical issues. All I can see is `empty` table when I check the survey records on Survey123.arcgis.com

Additionally, the total number of submitted records seems to be 6133 but something is not right here since, actual number of surveys is almost half of 5000. I just can't understand why I can't see any record after re-submittal 

I really need urgent technical support here.  I would appreciate if you could kindly inform me on solution or workarounds as soon as possible.. 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I followed up with Omur offline and identified the issue.

NicholasMoore
Occasional Contributor

Hi James,

Would it be possible to get this python Script too. We have some old Orphaned Records too in a SQLite Database that we would like to extract and this would be really helpful. We were going to code our own at some point. However is this is available it will help us tremendously

Nick

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Nick, 

Attached is the basic script to extract to a CSV file.  Note that this wasn't engineered necessarily to create related tables.  We're working on a more thorough tool for processing

NicholasMoore
Occasional Contributor

Hi James,

Thanks Very Much this will be a great starting point. Let us know if there are any further developments in this space if you don't mind. I will also copy you into another thread with some unexpected behaviour with Survey123

Nick

0 Kudos
DaveMcPherson
New Contributor III

Hi James, we would very much like to get the python script you say you have developed to extract the data directly out of the .SQLite database...I'm not sure if my colleague nick.moore‌ has already asked?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Dave,

I just replied to Nick's message in this thread.

0 Kudos
RobertMarros

James,

Is there an ETA on when the hot fix will be made available for this issue? I finally came across this post after posting two of my own dealing with this same issue. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Robert, the fix was applied to the website early this morning and is operating as expected.

0 Kudos