Why does form not behave as expected when editing partly pre-populated features?

04-27-2020 08:01 AM
PatrickCrushell
New Contributor III

I have prepared and published a survey using Connect. I have enabled the inbox for assigning surveys to fieldworkers based on user and have created a number features in the feature service with a few pre-populated answers (including user). I notice however that when user opens the partly pre-populated forms in the field App the form doesn’t behave as expected - such as: today’s date not appearing in survey date field, calculations not updating as expected, and image questions are not available... All these functions behave correctly when collecting data in a new form. Can anyone advise how I can get this functionality restored on partly pre-populated forms?

3 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Patrick,

Could you provide more details about the Inbox issues?

What version of Connect and field app are you using?

Image file is not visible in Inbox as a limitation currently.

Could you share the xls form you are using?

0 Kudos
PatrickCrushell
New Contributor III

Thanks for response, following versions of app and connect:

Using connect 3.9.120

Using app version 3.9.148

Just to confirm - there is no way of using the image question type when some pre-populated fields and enabling inbox? Is there any workaround for this (apart from bringing attributes in from collector)?

I attach the xls form. The issues arise (calculation not automatically updating (need to refresh), date not auto-populating, and no ability to take photo) when I pre-populate data relating to the following questions in the feature service:

ownership

farmer_ID

commonage_code

plot_number

surveyor

scorecard_type

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the form. In your xls form, I can see you are using quite a lot of hidden fields, caluation, and pulldata funtions, which might potentially impact the behavior you are seeing in the Inbox.

The image question is not availalbe in Inbox due to this enhancement request:

ENH-000110614 Add the ability to allow additional attachments to be added when attempting to edit and resend surveys in the Survey123 Field App

I'd suggest you to contact Esri Support to have them help you troubleshoot the issues individually and also attach your case to the existing enhancement request of the Inbox images. This helps us assess demand for the enhancement and prioritize it accordingly.

Thanks,

0 Kudos