Why can't users see the their survey in Survey123.com?

06-04-2018 01:35 PM
JuneAcosta
Occasional Contributor III

My users are able to collect data in the field, but can't see their survey when back in the office using Survey123.com. I have attached an image of the permissions of their role in ArcGIS Online. Is this a permission issue?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi June,

It does not look like any of the role settings would prevent viewing.  Have you shared the survey to them for analysis/viewing?

0 Kudos
JuneAcosta

Yes that was the issue- I had to re-share the survey on the survey123.com. Maybe it got reset when we created a link between a Explorer and Survey123. Thanks!

Also, my user wants to edit the survey data, but the edit tool is not available when she launches "open in Map Viewer" from survey123.com. Based on her role in the image above she should have privileges to so right? Or is this something else in Survey123 that I need to set?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi June,

The layer displayed in the map view is a read-only access point to the data.  To edit the data, it's easiest to create a web application that has the 'fieldworker' view (which is used for submitting the data) and provide the user with that application.

0 Kudos
JuneAcosta

Thanks for clarifying that. I have this new item that showed up in my content group for this survey project. Did TrashAssessmentV1_stakeholder get created from invoking "open in map viewer" from the Survey123.com site? 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi June,

The _stakeholder view is created when the survey is shared for Analysis - that is designed to be a view-only access mode.

0 Kudos
JuneAcosta

Thanks for your prompt response to all of my questions! 

0 Kudos
PaulCone2

James,

Can you explain a bit more how that _stakeholder view is supposed to work?  I created a survey and then shared it via the Collaborate tab, and then added a group under Viewer, but they are only seeing the one survey record that existed when I shared it -- they are not seeing any survey records created since.  I verified this by looking at the _stakeholder layer directly.  Shouldn't that be a dynamic view?

Paul

0 Kudos
GarrettSeay1
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
wilcow
by
Occasional Contributor

I had the same issue as the OP - users could see the survey and submit surveys in the field on the S123 mobile app but were unable to see the survey in S123 Online.

In my case, I had neglected to share the RESULTS with the users' group.

Once I shared the results with the group, they were able to see the survey and access the Data page.

0 Kudos