whenever I try to save my Survey on Survey 123 I get a "errors when parse form" message. When I show details this appears "Case Management Services Provided > Choices[7]: Case Management Services Provided > Choices[5]: Case Management Services Provid

Jump to solution
10-11-2019 09:20 AM
Nathaniel_Williams
New Contributor

I would like to know how I can correct this issue.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi All, 

The BUG-000125687 has been fixed on the Survey123 website https://survey123.arcgis.com now. Please let us know if you still see any issues in the workflow.

Thanks again for all your feedback!

Thanks,

Zhifang

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nathaniel,

The error that you are encountering is likely being caused by a multiple choice question that contains a choice name that is over 32 characters. This behavior has been raised as a BUG via Technical Support as BUG-000125687: Attempting to publish or save a survey on the Survey.. 

Development has already identified the problem and we hope to have a fix in place shortly.  We will send an update when this happens.  In the meantime, please reduce your choice names to less than 32 characters.

Best,

Brandon

Nathaniel_Williams
New Contributor

Thank you for your response Brandon, 

Could there be another reason for the error as none of the choice options for my survey have more 32 characters?  

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nathaniel,

Are you familiar with the 'Modify Schema' dialogue when using the web designer?  This is where you can see the actual database stored field names, as opposed to the labels for your survey questions.  Can you confirm that there are no field name values over 32 characters in this dialogue? See here for more info regarding Modify Schema..Publish your survey—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

If there are no field names that contain more than 32 characters, I would like to take a look at the survey with you.  Please let me know, and I can send you a message with my contact details in a private GeoNet message.

Best Regards,

Brandon 

0 Kudos
BrentRogan
New Contributor III

Hello Brandon

I to have a similar question.  I can't edit he survey (which still works on our phones) without the errors when parse form - error

There are a couple that are greater than 32 characters long, however i can't edit them as they are multiple choice Q/A and it won't allow me to rename a choice item in Multi choice items.  Is there a way to edit them so i can reduce the character length?

Some of the choices have less than 32 characters, so I don't know why this is a problem

I have seen the modify schema option before, however I can't see or select it now, is that because I have published the survey?

I only know how to use the web designer as all our surveys have been relatively simple to generate.

I wish to edit the survey and add more questions so people can record hazards and control relating to there work tasks for the day

Regards

Andrew

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi All, 

The BUG-000125687 has been fixed on the Survey123 website https://survey123.arcgis.com now. Please let us know if you still see any issues in the workflow.

Thanks again for all your feedback!

Thanks,

Zhifang

0 Kudos
BrentRogan
New Contributor III

Hello

Still not working for me.  Same error as my previous message.  Can't reduce the character length <32 as they are multi-choice questions

Regards

Andrew

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brent Rogan‌,

Did you see "Rename a choice item in Multiple Choice question is not supported." tip message in the Edit panel of your multiple choice question and also a name longer than 32 characters in the Modify schema dialog but unable to edit? The longer names than 32 characters were left due to this bug and it's not possible to rename/shorten them after first publishing.

If this is the case, you may want to try to save this survey as a new one and continue to edit/publish. In the new survey, you are able to use a label longer than 32 characters.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Zhifang

0 Kudos