When using Numbers appearance I can edit read only fields

07-24-2020 07:21 AM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

When using the numbers appearance our users noticed that it does grey the field but you can still edit it.

Turns grey

But can still edit

Seeing it Connect, Android and iOS.

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Doug,

What version of Survey123 were you using? This issue has already been fixed in the upcoming 3.10 release. You can check out the latest 3.10 RC builds on EAC.

I tested both integer and decimal questions with numbers and calculator appearance, and with read only set to yes, and the pop-up for the number pad does not appear and the field is read only with latest 3.10 RC builds.

Can you test it out and if you are still seeing the issue, please share your xlsx form so we can take a closer look.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I am using 3.10 RC 4 or 5.  I still see it on Connect and iPad.  I will send it.

thanks

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Doug, I will take a look and get back to you. I think the combination of numbers appearance, read only and grid theme is causing the issue. If you remove grid theme it works ok from my initial testing?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Doug,

As mentioned in my email, I found the problem, and it is related to setting read only via an expression on numbers and calculator appearance. If you set read only by using just “yes” value (not an expression) it works as expected. Are you able to adjust your form to not use an expression?

Initially I thought it was related to grid theme or groups/repeats, as your form is quite complex, but by using an expression on read only, I can easily reproduce now with a simple form. Hopefully we can address this issue in the next release.

Regards,

Phil.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Phil.  No I cannot adjust this form since the width needs to be 0 only when dry.  I may try to add a constraint to catch it.  Maybe the new hidden style would work but them by group would be empty so not sure how that will turn out.

It is a bit of a beast of a for for sure.  Thanks for looking.

m3
by
Occasional Contributor II

Is fixing this issue on the roadmap at all?

0 Kudos