When the submission URL is a hosted (non Spatial) table view and I browse to the Survey in Survey123.arcgis.com, "Survey is not accessible"

Jump to solution
09-29-2022 03:09 AM
KillianPatchell
Esri Contributor

Hi All, 

Platform: ArcGIS Online

Survey123 version: 3.15

Submission URL: Table (Hosted, View)

Fields in Survey: We have a couple of Surveys across a couple of ArcGIS Online accounts. One is a live Survey. We've tested with a basic Survey too, with just 2 questions, example1 and example2.

Where we see the error: Survey123.arcgis.com

Published from: Survey123 Connect

Observations: We can change the submission URL to the original Hosted Table and browse to the Survey in Survey123.arcgis.com but when we use the view, we get the below error.

Full Error message: The Survey is not accessible or does not exist. Please ensure the signed in user [Username] can access the survey and that the survey link is correct.

Is this something someone has come across before and if so, any ideas on what we can do to resolve or if it might be a bug? Please let me know if I need to provide any further info above.

Killian

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

@KillianPatchell

I have been informed by a Survey123 Product Engineer that the issue you are seeing is an existing defect logged as BUG-000146203: Unable to access survey form settings in Survey 123 Web App if the submission URL is a view layer from a Hosted Table

It is currently accepted and currently under consideration

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

I have recreated the issue and I am unsure if this is a BUG or expected behaviour. Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a non spatial hosted table in ArcGIS Online
  2. Add dummy fields
  3. Enable sync
  4. Create View of table
  5. In Connect, create a survey pointing to the view and publish
  6. Try to navigate to the survey via Survey123.arcgis.com. You will receive error: The Survey is not accessible or does not exist.

Does anybody else know the reason for this?

I am now assisting the customer too so keen to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

@KillianPatchell

I have been informed by a Survey123 Product Engineer that the issue you are seeing is an existing defect logged as BUG-000146203: Unable to access survey form settings in Survey 123 Web App if the submission URL is a view layer from a Hosted Table

It is currently accepted and currently under consideration

Thanks

0 Kudos
AmaliaDumbrava
New Contributor

Hello Richard.

I have at this moment the same problem. I am the owner of the surveys, we are working (me and my collegus ) with the application since 2021, but the surveys are bult in web platform. At this moment  I can not acces any survey.

Can you halep me?Captură de ecran 2023-12-20 090200.png

0 Kudos