What version of Survey123 for Chromebook?

Jump to solution
07-23-2019 10:57 AM
RSchaffner
New Contributor III

One person using my survey has a Chromebook (model/version unknown). Which installation of Survey123 should she use? She already has it installed, but cannot resize or maximize the app window, nor access her files to upload photos. Unfortunately she doesn't remember how she initially installed it. I would like her to uninstall and reinstall the correct version. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @UlteigEngineers,

At this time Chrome OS (used on Chromebooks) is not officially supported for Connect or the field app. The best option is to use the Survey123 web app in the Chrome browser on a Chromebook.

It may be possible to install the Android version of Survey123 field app on a Chromebook, however there are several features that may not work as expected due to the underlying differences in the Chrome and Android OS, even though they are similar.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

Please see the system requirement for the OS we support. Currently we do not support chromebook, thus, even though you can install survey123, it might not work as expected.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/reference/systemrequirements.htm

0 Kudos
UlteigEngineers
New Contributor II

Hi @Shwu-jingJeng , has there been any update on this? Or are Chromebooks still not supported?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @UlteigEngineers,

At this time Chrome OS (used on Chromebooks) is not officially supported for Connect or the field app. The best option is to use the Survey123 web app in the Chrome browser on a Chromebook.

It may be possible to install the Android version of Survey123 field app on a Chromebook, however there are several features that may not work as expected due to the underlying differences in the Chrome and Android OS, even though they are similar.

Regards,

Phil.

UlteigEngineers
New Contributor II

Good to know, I'm seeing some issues with attachments on chromebook with the android app, so that makes sense. Thanks for your reply.