What is the latest Survey123 Connect

Jump to solution
03-04-2019 08:03 AM
SLouq
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I have Survey123 Connect version 3.1.126 downloaded to my desktop but would like to update it to version 3.3.64. Can I update this from inside Survey123 Connect already on my desktop or do I need to uninstall and then reinstall version 3.3.64?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Scott,

> Can I update this from inside Survey123 Connect already on my desktop or do I need to uninstall and then reinstall version 3.3.64?

You will need to uninstall, then reinstall Survey123 Connect.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Scott,

> Can I update this from inside Survey123 Connect already on my desktop or do I need to uninstall and then reinstall version 3.3.64?

You will need to uninstall, then reinstall Survey123 Connect.

Hope this helps,

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The issue with this is that while I can install Connect without admin I cannot uninstalled it without admin.  I just have to give it a new directory name each time - which means I have a bunch of copies now.  Why can we not just install over the top? (as is standard)

Also any plans to allow to change the Survey Designs directory?  My company does not back up personal C drives so it is always risky.  I am sure many people have the same issue.  Pointing to a network drive would be great.  Better yet let me flip between different directories!  This is a must in order to be enterprise ready.

thanks

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Doug,

The limitation of not being able to install "over the top" of an existing installation is due to an underlying issue which is not currently supported in the Qt framework which we use to build Survey123 with. Until this issue is resolved in Qt framework and AppStudio, then Survey123 can not be installed "over the top" of existing installation. You will need to uninstall and re-install or change the directory path each time.

Also, you should not require administrator rights to uninstall Survey123, we do not use such permissions to install and uninstall, as the default path is set to the local users folder, and all the files required are installed only to these folders which the local user has write and delete access to by default. So even if you are a standard user and not admin, you can still install and uninstall. If however you are installing to another folder path on your PC you may run into issues with permissions, or if your IT dept has modified the default permissions on the local user folders.

Currently there are are no plans to change the survey designs directory, as mentioned above we need all the files to be in the same folder to avoid any permission errors as the logged in user needs to be able to read/write/delete to these folders.

I have updated our internal issues related to all the above points you raised with you comments.

Phil.