What is the best practice to share a Survey123 Form/App outside of my organization?

03-08-2021 11:22 AM
ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

I develop ESRI Applications for a handful of different organizations.

In the past I have developed and shared apps in ArcGIS Desktop, Web App Builder and now i am looking into developing in Survey123. And sharing the applications are a bit different in all of these environments. And i have learned its best to ask how before getting started because figuring this out can be time intensive.

So, I uploaded a feature service from my geodatabase in ArcMap and then I create a new survey form in Survey123 Connect.

I modified the Survey123 schema (mostly the calculations). It works well for me and members of my organization. 

My question is how do I do this for members outside my organization?

From my Survey123 (Developer)Account, i dont see how i can access other organizations data the way i can access their data in WebAppBuilder. In WebApp Builder, if myself (the developer) is in a group with members outside their organization, the developer can access the data and write an application.

How is this done in Survey123 Connect?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @ScottLehto3

Unfortunately at the moment it is not possible to create surveys from existing feature services that are shared to a cross Org group. I have logged an enhancement in our internal database requesting support for this workflow. 

I would suggest logging an idea in ArcGIS Ideas requesting this support, or logging a case with Esri Technical Support and they will be able to log an official Enhancement to help track progress.

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach
ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. I will do that and place a link here.

0 Kudos
STEVEMARKASON
New Contributor II

I would like to Share a completed Survey Form (not Report template) to an Outside Organization. I cannot find an answer anywhere. I am looking for an answer beyond the Collaborate function. I need to an outside Organization so they can own/edit the Survey, so that I do not need to re-create it for them in their AGOL profile.

Can anyone provide some insight. One way might be the Survey Template on the ESRI option to select "Template Surveys" when you creare a new survey? Thuis wayt it would be avilable to all Public, and the other Organization I want to own it cack pick it up as a new Survey template, How can I post my Suvery Form as  Template for the public?

THANK YOU

0 Kudos