What impact does a tablet's internal GPS have on manually placing the point?

Jump to solution
10-06-2017 08:06 AM
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

I haven't used Geopoint on a survey very much. When I do, sometimes it seems that the point that I manually place on the map by panning and zooming before clicking the check mark, is not in the same location when I look at it later on the dashboard. Does the internal GPS on a mobile device over-ride the manual placement?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mike,

If you manually set the geopoint location, by panning the map and placing marker in correct location or entering coordinates in the lat/long boxes, the GPS will not over-ride the location or adjust it. Pressing the GPS button back on survey page on geopoint question after you have manually set location will however set the GPS location back again.

Ensure after you move the marker or enter coordinates to correct location you select the tick (accept button) in bottom right hand corner to return to survey, and not use the back arrow in top left. Selecting the tick will ensure the location data is saved.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mike,

If you manually set the geopoint location, by panning the map and placing marker in correct location or entering coordinates in the lat/long boxes, the GPS will not over-ride the location or adjust it. Pressing the GPS button back on survey page on geopoint question after you have manually set location will however set the GPS location back again.

Ensure after you move the marker or enter coordinates to correct location you select the tick (accept button) in bottom right hand corner to return to survey, and not use the back arrow in top left. Selecting the tick will ensure the location data is saved.

Regards,

Phil.