What I see in Survey123 Connect not what shows up on browser (Chrome)

04-13-2022 06:58 AM
MelissaGearman
New Contributor II

I'm working in Survey123 Connect (3.14.256) creating a lengthy survey for permit applications. Due to the complexity of the survey, using Connect is the most logical choice. The survey looks and works great in Connect but when I publish it and open it in a browser (Chrome), it looks nothing like what it did in Connect. It is condensed (Connect shows the survey taking up the entire monitor while the actual browser condenses it to the center of the screen), the logo isn't showing up, and constraints that worked in Connect are no longer working. Is there a reason there is such a disconnect between what I am seeing in Survey123 Connect versus what actually shows up in the browser?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes, there is a reason! The reason is that the "preview" you see is emulating the field app, whereas the web app is a different thing altogether.

There's a good reference page that breaks down what is/isn't available in each: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/quickreferencecreatesurveys.htm#ESRI_SECT...

It's kind of irksome to have to publish the whole survey just to accurately see it in a web form setting, but that's the only way to do it.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos