Webhooks with Integromat best choice of trigger action

09-23-2019 03:18 AM
BritaVespere
New Contributor III

Hi all, 

I am looking for an advice:

I have a survey that is used only on web form.

It contains several required questions and it happens that respondents make mistakes and Submit the survey with errors - leaving out answers to required questions. Of course, they are introduced with the error when clicking Submit. So they add necessary data and click Submit again.

The trigger event for automated email was set to "AddData" but in that case email is sent more than once. And on some cases the email is never sent. There is no correlation between Start, End and Creation dates, nothing to do with anonymous or logged in users. I even got an email but the data was never saved in the feature layer holding features from survey.

Web form version: 3.5

Is it necessary to add filter between Integromat modules to filter out only when the survey is submitted correctly to send the email notification? Or even a Router?

Thank You,

Brita 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Brita,

The webform only triggers a web hook on submittal, not when submittal is prevented by a required question or constraint.  Have you reviewed the run history in Integromat to see more information about the notifications that are odd?  One thing you should check is the Response component of the Survey123 payload- that contains the Feature Service's response to the feature submission.

0 Kudos