Webhooks not triggering randomly

03-16-2021 01:49 PM
PaulSweeney3
Occasional Contributor III

We use survey123 and integromat extensively and it seems generally very reliable however recently I have users mention they have a small percentage of forms submitted, with a webhook attached , but no record of it on integromat. The record is successfully submitted to Survey123 but it did not trigger in integromat. I am unsure as to who I should raise a support ticket with. Is it more likely to be an integromat issue or survey123?

Tags (1)
29 Replies
AndrewBowne

Have you checked the History of the Scenario to see if it was received but maybe errored?   Or, maybe they will show in "Incomplete Executions"?   Secondly, is it possible that the scenario was not turned on? 

0 Kudos
PaulSweeney3

@AndrewBowne wrote:

Have you checked the History of the Scenario to see if it was received but maybe errored?   Or, maybe they will show in "Incomplete Executions"?   Secondly, is it possible that the scenario was not turned on? 

Hi @AndrewBowne 

Thanks, but no it's not as simple as that I wish. This is definitely missing executions with no history on integromat , on forms with Webhooks that have successfully submitted.  

Regards

0 Kudos
AndrewBowne

Are you using the free subscription or a paid subscription?  I know that there are some limitations when you use free.

We have been using Integromat for a little over a year now and have been very happy.  Right now we are running 7 Scenarios (some are very complex) and haven't had any issues (fingers crossed).

0 Kudos
PaulSweeney3

Yes we have a good few scenarios running on paid subscription and as i say its  normally very reliable however the ones that are missed do cause headaches for users and confusion at times. Would be good to figure out if there is a specific reason. 

0 Kudos
AndrewBowne

I don't know if it exists but some logging would be really nice.  Like, "Log requests sent to webhook".  Then at least we could see outbound traffic.  If it's seen going out, then the problem might be on the Integromat end. Webhook Logging might be a good feature request to add to Survey123 Ideas 

KeithOlsen
Occasional Contributor

I had this happen to me as well. A scenario that has been on and working for a year just randomly didn't pickup a survey payload that showed up on the Enterprise server (10.8.1). No trace of the survey in Integromat, and I searched the Portal logs. The next survey submitted worked fine. For some reason it doesn't seem to track the webhook triggers, which seems strange. Does anyone know where webhook triggers are logged? I'm using the survey123 3.12.230 on this one.

0 Kudos
AndrewBowne

I just created an Idea for this.   I suggest adding a comment and/or Kudo which will show Esri there is interest in having logging for webhooks.

KelliW
by
New Contributor II

I just had this exact thing happen to me the past couple of days. I can't figure out why it wasn't sent through my scenario, there is no trace of it in Integromat but it is in Survey123. I wonder if it is a recent bug.

KeithOlsen
Occasional Contributor

Could this be a recent bug @JamesTedrick ? It's strange that there doesn't seem to be any way to troubleshoot it.

0 Kudos