Select to view content in your preferred language

Webform "Failed to Submit" after April 13, 2021 AGOL Update

04-19-2021 12:00 PM
TylerBragg2
Frequent Contributor

I have a survey that was created within the last month using Survey123 Connect 3.11.123 and built from an existing feature layer.  I'm actually running app integration in Workforce to launch this survey directly from the Workforce app into the Survey123 webform.  I had everything working and was not experiencing any issues until the April 13, 2021 update of ArcGIS Online.  Since that update, upon attempting to submit a survey from a mobile device I receive an error at the top of the screen that simply says "Failed to submit."  No further explanation, just that.  I've researched this issue and found several different cases of people with a similar problem, all of which I've checked my situation for comparable solutions and have come up with no explanation.  I'm sure it's something simple that I'm overlooking, but I can't seem to nail it down.  

While I hesitate to provide any unnecessary information, I should note that the feature layer upon which this survey was built is the Workforce Assignments layer from my Workforce project.  I'm using the survey to collect additional attribute information for each assignment, so the survey is being opened in "edit mode" so as to edit an existing feature rather than create a new one, passing the GlobalID to the survey via URL parameters to identify the feature to be edited.  This procedure was validated through another thread found here.  It is stretching the "out of the box" functionality of the app integration between these two apps, but it was confirmed by ESRI that it will work, and IT WAS working, before this new update to AGOL.  The survey opens up just fine when you open it from the Workforce app, and I can populate the survey questions normally, it just won't allow me to submit.  

I've attached the xlsform for my survey.  I'm hoping there is some simple problem that I'm overlooking, but with the vague error message I'm getting, I'm not certain where to look.  Maybe someone can spot my issue.  

Let me know if I need to provide any additional information.  Also, this is not a public survey, so sharing the link won't do any good (It's also not designed to open up separately from Workforce, since it's editing an existing feature and must have the GlobalID passed from Workforce using URL parameters.)  

0 Kudos
22 Replies
DanteLee
Frequent Contributor

That's further than my support ticket got - glad you're persisting through. At one point, I thought it might've been an issue with my related tables from the repeats (no dice there). Successful submissions are hit/miss for me, and lately they're more hits than misses.

0 Kudos
ahagopian_coj
Regular Contributor

Did you ever get a solution to this?  I am having the exact same issue where the Workforce Assignment layer won't let me add a new record via Survey123.  I get a database error message with my Failed to Submit error.

0 Kudos
SunnyCorrao
New Contributor

Hi @ahagopian_coj  I unfortunately do not remember the exact steps I took to resolve this issue. I do know that I stopped using Connect desktop app and create all my surveys through the browser.  When collecting surveys in the field on the tablet, I did run into some glitch errors where they fail to submit again. I saved them in the outbox, and waited a few minutes to resubmit or until I had a stronger wifi connection.

0 Kudos